Watch our channel for an authentic "Community Perspective".
For public access program distribution, equipment use and training courses is limited to residents of the City of Buffalo 18 years of age or older. A producer is defined as an individual who is properly certified, by the Apollo Media Center to submit public programming and or use the public access facilities.
Public access channel time shall be made available to certified independent producers in good standing with the Apollo Media Center. Any programming originating outside the city of Buffalo requires a sponsor who accepts full responsibility/liability for program content. Programs produced outside Metro-Buffalo will have a lesser priority than programs produced locally. Sponsors are subject to the identical orientation process that all independent producers must undergo.
Submitting and Scheduling Public Access Programs
The producer shall submit a standard program application form, which can be obtained through the Apollo media center
The applicant will sign a waiver acknowledging that his or her material may be subject to preemption review and or rescheduling and agree to abide by the policy set forth Apollo Media Center management.
It is in the spirit of public access that viewers are exposed to the most varied programming available. For this reason, the Apollo Media Center management has set and will review as necessary, programming policies that will adhere to this spirit. The Apollo media center management reserves the right to place any program in timeslots that are most applicable to the Apollo Media Center programming policy.
The following rules apply to series programs:
* Independent producers must sign a producer information sheet and series contract.
* An application for a series can be excepted only after the producer has completed and submitted three programs to begin the series.
* Series scheduling will be requested for either 13, 26, 52 week periods. When the contract expires, your time slot becomes available. The current producer may request a renewal up to 2 weeks before the series contract expires. A series previously aired in one time slot is eligible for rerun scheduling in another requested slot.
* Producers who sign a varying length contract are eligible to repeat programs according to the type of contract signed.
The Apollo Media Center reserves the right to revoke series contracts for a failure to submit a contracted program according to the following schedule:
1. First failure to submit a program- 1st written warning or call.
2. Second failure to submit a program-2nd warning.
3. Third failure to submit a program-cancellation of timeslot contract. Producer will NOT be in eligible to sign another timeslot contract and or sponsor a show until the expiration date of unfulfilled contract passes